Courtesy - Roughstock.com
Despite only moderate Country Radio success with the singles from his debut album Clear As Day, Scotty McCreery's legion of loyal fans helped the young star secure a Platinum-certified album for sales in excess of one million copies.
The Garner, North Carolina native and NC State sophomore will release See You Tonight on October 15, 2013. Produced by Frank Rogers, the album features 13 tracks, of which Scotty co-wrote five of the tracks, including the current Top 40 radio hit, the title track. Other star writers include Ashley Gorley, busbee, Frank Rogers, Kyle Jacobs, J.T. Harding, Ross Copperman, Matt Jenkins, Jon Stweart and Preston Brust, 1/2 of LoCash Cowboys.
“This album is a big step from where we were. I have been writing for a long time now, since I was a kid, but these are the first songs I've had a chance to record and release to the public and I'm excited,” says McCreery. “I was lucky to have my first single off the record be one that I co-wrote. I am excited about letting folks hear it. We have been working on this for the better part of a year now, so it's a long time coming.”
“I grew up loving old-school country, and you'll hear those things come out on this record,” he continues. “You will hear the contemporary country, but you will always hear the steel guitar and fiddle and those little nuances that make the older country what it was. I definitely am trying to stay true to my tastes as an artist on this album.”
Scotty McCreery "See You Tonight" Track Listing:
1. Now – Written by McCreery, busbee and Frank Rogers
2. See You Tonight – Written by McCreery, Ashley Gorley and Zach Crowell
3. Get Gone With You – Written by Ross Copperman, Lynn Hutton and Tammi Kidd Hutton
4. Feelin’ It – Written by Frank Rogers and Matthew West
5. Feel Good Summer Song – Written by J. T. Harding, Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne
6. Buzzin’ – Written by busbee and Frank Rogers
7. Can You Feel It – Written by McCreery, Ashley Gorley and Zach Crowell
8. The Dash- Written by Kyle Jacobs and Preston Brust
9. Blue Jean Baby – Written by Matt Ramsey, Trevor Rosen and Matt Jenkins
10. Forget To Forget You – Written by Casey Beathard and Michael Dulaney
11. I Don’t Wanna Be Your Friend – Written by McCreery, Frank Rogers and David Fanning
12. Carolina Moon – Written by Jon Randall Stewart and Ronnie Stewart
13. Something More – Written by Scotty McCreery and Frank Rogers
Scotty McCreery will release his new album, See You Tonight, on Oct. 15. He revealed the image of the album cover on his website Monday (Aug. 26). The project was produced by Frank Rogers. McCreery co-wrote five of the album's 13 tracks, including the lead single, "See You Tonight." The American Idol winner released his platinum debut album, Clear as Day, in 2011. Scotty also released Christmas With Scotty McCreery last year.